I had 10 students for the 2 workshops on Saturday.
The workshops consisted of the following format:
The concept of using fountain pen inks and bleach as an art medium and what can be achieved with them adequately explained.
– inks – chromatic qualities and reactions to bleach
– paper – the variation of outcome due to surface quality and texture
– tools – dip pen and flex nib, brushes and automatic pens
3. THE 4 TASKS (30 mins each)
– working light into dark – ink on bleach
– working dark into light – recognising and utilising chromatography and serendipity as natural backgrounds and shapes
– art and craft techniques – blending, bleaching, lettering, illustrating and adding metals
– making secondary and tertiary colours from a limited palette of fountain pen inks (CMYK)