2 DAY ILLUSTRATED JOURNALLING WORKSHOP
in the Crypt at Rochester Cathedral:
- Wednesday 14th and 28th November 2018 (click for info)
AUTUMN WORKSHOP DATES 2018:
- Saturday 27th October 2018
- Saturday 10th November 2018
- Saturday 24th November 2018
This is a 3 hour Saturday workshop conducted in a morning or afternoon session. The morning workshop will run from 1000hrs to 1300hrs. 5 people maximum. The afternoon workshop will run from 1400hrs to 1700hrs. 5 people maximum.
What do the workshops include?
- An introduction – You will learn how to investigate an ink, explore it’s chromatography and how it reacts with bleach. You will learn how to blend inks together and maximise the serendipity of the outcomes.
- Swatch testing – You will learn how to emulate my swatch card technique, how to maximise the chromatography within the inks and on the best paper for the job. You will learn how to apply bleach to your swatch card to give it that gold neon effect.
- Modern Calligraphy – You will learn about automatic pens, how I create my abstract lettering, how I blend inks together, apply bleach and incorporate metal dusts and carbon.
The cost is £60 per person per workshop. All art materials, tea, coffee, squash and biscuits are included.
As there is a lot to cover in a 3 hour period numbers are restricted to 5 students per workshop.
If you would like to attend please:
- Transfer £60.00 direct into my paypal account ref: email@example.com. Reference the payment with your name
- Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 07956 365155 stating which workshop you would like to attend.
25 Davy Court is not wheel chair accessible. Please advise me at time of booking if you have any mobility issues that you may need support with.
The workshops are designed for students of all abilities over the age of 9 years.
You can cancel upto four weeks before the event and receive a full refund up to two weeks before the event you can receive a refund for half the amount. After that no refund can be given.
If coming by train, my studio is a 4 minute walk from Rochester railway station. The train journey from St Pancras to Rochester is 40 minutes. If coming by car, the journey is very straightforward and there are plenty of car parks nearby. For studio location map please click here>>